Check out the blog below for some ideal places to view the partial eclipse in Louisville and a way to see the full eclipse in Southern Kentucky.
Next Monday, August 21, 2017 – all of North America will experience an eclipse of the Sun and Louisville will be in the partial eclipse zone. The moon will be covering approximately 96% of the sun!
The eclipse will begin in Louisville around 12:59PM EST and be at its maximum at 2:27PM…. Ending at 3:51PM.
If you’d like to view the TOTAL solar eclipse, you’ll need to travel south to Hopkinsville, KY.
There are many places to go in the city to view the eclipse but please remember that safety is first and it’s only safe to view with certified eclipse glasses that have been for sale at various stores in the Louisville area while supplies last. Below are just a handful of many places to witness this rare occurance:
1. Eclipse Viewing Party at Fourth Street Live!
2. Solar Eclipse & Bourbon Sips by Mint Julep Tours
3. Solar Eclipse Viewing at The Parklands
4. Kentucky Derby Museum Solar Eclipse Viewing Tour
5. Eclipse Viewing from the top of Iroquois Park
For more information about the solar eclipse, click here.