In Louisville, the Kentucky Derby Festival (KDF) helps puts on a two-week celebration that begins with the largest fireworks show in North America - Thunder Over Louisville. It was another successful show last weekend and the fun has just begun!
While there are 50+ KDF events that occur in Louisville, there are several go-to options if you ask a local:
- Kroger's Fest-a-Ville - April 27 - May 5
- Chow Wagon - April 27 - May 5
- U.S. Bank Great BalloonFest
- Balloon Glimmer - April 27
- Balloon Glow - April 28
- Great Balloon Race - April 29
- Marathon & miniMarathon - April 29
- Ken-Ducky Derby - April 29
- Great Steamboat Race - May 3
- Celebrtiy Day at the Downs - May 4
- Republic Bank Pegasus Parade - May 4
For a full list of 2017 KDF events, click here.
Other Ways To Do Derby The Local Way
- Drink a Mint Julep - The official cocktail of the Kentucky Derby
- Drink an Oaks Lilly - The official cocktail of the Kentucky Oaks
- Eat Derby-Pie® - slices are available at some local restaurants, including Kentucky Derby Museum's Derby Cafe.
- Tour the Kentucky Derby Museum
- Get the right outfit (don't forget the hat!)
Connect With Us
Share with us the way you celebrate the Kentucky Derby season on social media using #LouisvilleLove and we'll feature your photos on our site! Find us @gotolouisville .
HAPPY DERBY AND CHEERS TO EVERYONE!