KY Bison Cheeseburger
In this episode Stacey and Jessica make KY Bison Cheeseburgers and Bourbon Slushies
Kentucky Bison Cheeseburgers
- 1 lb. of bison
- Salt & pepper
- Sliced cheese
- Henry Bain sauce
- Hamburger buns
Shape your ground bison into two patties. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet on the stove with a small amount of canola oil. Griddle the patties for about 3-4 minutes per side. Assemble burgers with the Henry Bain sauce and cheese slices.
- 9 cups water, divided
- 3 black tea bags
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups bourbon
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled, for serving
1. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of the water to a boil. Add the tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
2. In a large container, combine the brewed tea, lemonade and orange juice concentrates, remaining water and bourbon.
3. Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 to 6 hours or preferably overnight until the slush is firm all the way through.
4. Scoop the bourbon slush into a tumbler glass, top with ginger ale and serve.