Bourbon Cheese Ball
In this episode Stacey and Jessica make a Bourbon Cheese Ball and Cold Brew with Pumpkin
Bourbon & Bacon Cheese Ball
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup block cream cheese, softened
- 2 T butter, softened
- 3 slices of fried bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon
- 2 T dehydrated onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- 1 tsp Frank’s (or any brand) hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon smoked bourbon sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1/4 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Place bacon slices in food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add the remaining ingredients except the pecans and pulse until mixed through. Butter hands and form mix into a ball. Place on small plate in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Spread pecans onto larger plate and roll cheese ball until covered. (chopped parsley can be substituted for nuts) Cover and chill overnight.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (pureed)
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups water
Add everything to a saucepan and bring to a simmer (don’t boil).
Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Strain the syrup to get out any solid pumpkin bits.
Pumpkin Spice Kentucky Cold Brew
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 ounce Kentucky Bourbon
- Cold Brew coffee
Vigorously whip ½ cup heavy cream in a chilled bowl until thickened, but not as thick as whipped cream. Add 2 tbs. of pumpkin spice syrup – or to taste for sweetness.
In a pint glass add ice, 1 ounce of bourbon and top with cold brew coffee, leaving room at the top for a good amount of the cream mixture.
Spoon cream mixture into glass to fill.