Update on Omni Construction
October Construction Update for Omni Louisville
- Construction teams are adding a new floor to the hotel every eight days.
- Precast concrete for the building’s exterior will begin arriving on site in December 2016 – it will arrive at night to avoid traffic.
Traffic and Pedestrian Advisories
- Work on the Second Street median is complete. There are no expected impacts or delays for traffic or pedestrians this month.
- About 150 workers are on the construction site each day, mostly concrete workers and electricians.
- So far, the project has used 16,531 cubic yards of concrete – enough to build a sidewalk that’s 62 miles long.
- The Omni Louisville includes 2,214 tons of reinforcing steel. That’s the weight of nearly a dozen 747 airplanes!
- Omni Louisville unveiled model guest rooms in September, showcasing local inspirations from bourbon, bridges, the Ohio River, and local architecture.
- Follow Omni Louisville on Facebook and Twitter (@OmniLouisville) and Instagram (@OmniLou) for more insider updates throughout construction!
- Follow Eamon O’Brien, Omni Louisville’s director of sales and marketing, on Instagram @EOBourbonCity.
To download the full release, Click here.