Welcome to Possibility City.
Louisville is a place where possibilities come together. A place where you can get to a world-class art scene without driving half a world away. A place with interesting museums to please every possible interest. A place with unique and diverse hotels that allow you to get away from it all or feel like you’re right in the middle of it. A place with parks, trails and a gorgeous waterfront for when you feel like getting out, and an eclectic entertainment district and neighborhoods for when you feel like stepping out. A place where you can enjoy a taste of almost any culture or warm up to the many varieties of our signature spirit – fine Kentucky Bourbon. It’s a place of gaming and sports, family fun and fine arts, history, bourbon and culinary experiences – anything you could possibly want to do, all made easier than you ever thought possible. A place where the welcome is warm and the attractions are cool.
It’s all possible in Louisville.
The only thing that isn’t possible here is seeing it all in one day.
Looking for a place to start? Want help narrowing down those possibilities? You’re in luck, because that’s what we are here for. The skilled team at the Louisville Visitors Center can assist you with many services:
• Where to go – purchase attraction tickets or have a customized itinerary of places to visit created just for you!
• Where to dine – get the insider’s access to where the locals eat or where to find favorite chain restaurants. We can make reservations at a restaurant that suits your tastebuds.
• How to get there – need directions to a destination? We can map it out for you! Need a ride? We can arrange a taxi pick-up or map out a bus or trolley route. We can get you where you need to go.
• Urban Bourbon Trail – Pick up and/or redeem your Urban Bourbon Trail Passport.
Affordable Louisville Merchandise
The Visitors Center is the perfect spot to pick up your Louisville and Bourbon Country souvenirs. Hats, t-shirts, mugs, shot glasses and more are available. One-of-a-kind Modjeskas and Happy Balls are sweet treats to remember your visit. Fleur de lis jewelry and Colonel Sanders memorabilia are also popular items.
Kentucky Bourbon Trail® and Colonel Sanders Exhibits
Learn the stories of two of Kentucky’s most famous icons – Kentucky Bourbon (America’s only native spirit) and Colonel Harland Sanders (founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken) – at this mini-attraction.
PossibiliTours Walking Tours
Louisville is a city of inspired hope and creativity and of great pride in our uniqueness. PossibiliTours provide historical and architectural anecdotes about Possibility City while exploring the heart of downtown on foot.
You’ll explore Fourth Street, Whiskey Row, Museum Row on Main, and the civic district. There are two ways to enjoy the walking tour:
• Stop in any day before 2:30PM (between May and November) to rent an iPod. With 20 stops, the self-paced tour takes about two hours and costs $6.
• Held most Fridays and Sundays at 2PM, May thru October, a local FREEvolunteer leads you on a free, one-hour walking tour (weather permitting). Call 502-379-6109 one day in advance to reserve your spot. Walk-ins are taken based on availability.
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) “Day Tripper” Pass
The “Day Tripper” Pass allows unlimited trips during any one-day period on the city’s bus system, TARC, and on the downtown trolley system. With the pass you’ll receive a brochure featuring Louisville’s attractions accessible via the system.
“Louisville Originals” Restaurant Dining Gift Cards (available in any denomination) Visitors often ask, “Where do the locals eat?” For the answer, they often turn to the “Louisville Originals,” 40+ restaurants where patrons are likely to be greeted and seated by the owners. Nationally recognized chefs are active in this group, which boasts cuisine of all types.
Parking Authority of River City (PARC) “Smart Cards” ($10 & $20 denominations)
The “Smart Card” saves you from having to carry coins for the parking meters and works like a debit card.
DISCOUNTED ATTRACTION TICKETS
Start your visit at the Louisville Visitors Center where you can purchase discounted attraction tickets to places such as, but not limited to:
• Dinosaur World (Cave City, KY)
• Farmington Historic Plantation
• The Frazier History Museum
• Kentucky Horse Park
• Kentucky Museum of Art & Craft
• Louisville Boutique Shop Hop
• Kentucky Science Center’s IMAX Theater
• Louisville Slugger Museum
• Louisville Zoo
• Muhammad Ali Center
• Riverside, the Farnsley-Moreman Landing
• Speed Art Museum
Click here to request a Visitors Guide
Other Visitor Centers
Visitors Center in Historic Old Louisville
1217 S. 4th Street
Old Louisville, KY 40203
Main Street Association's Visitor and Information Center
627 W. Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: (502) 568-2220
April-December, Tuesday-Friday 11AM-3PM, Cosed January-March.