National Culinary Series Returns to Louisville
Tickets available for James Beard Foundation Taste America Dinner in September
LOUISVILLE, KY (July 31, 2019) – Louisville will be one of the selected cities to host James Beard Foundation’s Taste America® presented by Capital One. A series of events will celebrate the non-profit’s mission of cultivating a better food world for all.
Taste America’s Louisville events kick off Thursday, Sept. 26, with a benefit dinner at The Speed Art Museum.
The dinner will celebrate the diverse flavors, cuisines and backgrounds that contribute to American cooking and feature a menu from:
- Taste America Visiting All-Star Richard Blais (Trail Blais)
- Local All-Star Sara Bradley (Freight House)
- Kevin Ashworth (610 Magnolia)
- Samantha Fore (Tuk Tuk Sri Lankan Bites)
- Josh Moore (Volare)
- Bruce Ucan (Mayan Café)
- Jeremy Ashby (Azur)
- Nokee Bucayu (Ashbourne Farms)
- Claudia Delatorre (The Bakery at Sullivan University)
- Annie Harlow and Leslie Wilson (Hi Five Donuts)
Taste America will add an additional event on Friday, September 27. Raising the Bar, a cocktail party focused on sustainability, will take place on The Brown Hotel’s rooftop.
The menu will feature cocktails and appetizers by:
- Host chefs James Adams and Dustin Willett of the Brown Hotel
- Ming Pu (The 502 Bar & Bistro)
- Barbara Turner (Butchertown Grocery)
- Mark Ford (Anoosh Bistro)
- Kristin Smith (The Wrigley Taproom & Eatery)
- Max Balliet and Katie Smith (Pizza LUPO)
- Davy Butterworth (Decca)
- Eron Plevan (ALEX&NDER)
- Jake Sulek (West Main Crafting Co.)
- Matt Brown (Hell or High Water)
Capital One cardholders can purchase a Capital One Access Pass that includes all the VIP benefits as well as a special experience, which may include behind the scenes tours or a special menu item.
To purchase a Capital One Access Pass or single tickets to the Taste America series, visit jamesbeard.org/tasteamerica.