Be One of The First to Raise a Glass to A New Class of City
Louisville is buzzing with the sounds of hustle, bustle and exciting new developments springing up on the original Whiskey Row and elsewhere with nearly a dozen bourbon-related ventures and $1 billion in investment.
Downtown distilleries include:
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience – Louisville’s first downtown distillery since Prohibition that tells the story of the city’s first distiller
- Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse – a unique visitor experience offering a 'Taste of History,’ a look inside a small working distillery, and a build-your-own-bottle experience at Fourth Street Live!
- Kentucky Peerless Distillery – a family-owned distillery on Main Street that’s revitalized a generations-old bourbon brand
- Copper & Kings Distillery – a modern American brandy distillery who ages their spirits in bourbon barrels located in the Butchertown neighborhood
- Angel’s Envy Distillery – located across from Louisville Slugger Field on Main Street this is the newest distillery in downtown Louisville
Coming Soon to downtown Louisville –
- Old Forester Distillery on Historic Whiskey Row
- Michter’s Distillery on Museum Row
- Rabbit Hole Distillery in Nulu
The cocktail and culinary experience that has been the Urban Bourbon Trail since 2008 continues to grow alongside the popularity of bourbon with 34 stops, each well-stocked with at least 50 bourbons and some as many as 150. All are serving the city’s official cocktail that was recently designated with this distinction on National Bourbon Day this past June – the Old-Fashioned.
Bourbon is more than a drink in Kentucky. It’s part of the culture, tradition and heritage of the community. Beyond distilleries and bars you’ll see Bourbon infused in everything from handmade candies to furniture to artwork.