Become A Louisville Tourism Ambassador
Louisville’s renowned Southern hospitality is one of the reasons visitors return to the city again and again – visitors that generate $3.5 Billion in tourism revenue each year.
Those are dollars that support local services, economic development, recreation, the arts and entertainment for those that live here and also save each Kentucky family $1167 in taxes.
A positive visitor experience is critical to increase the number of visitors to our city, how much they spend and, most importantly, their desire to come back. The Louisville Tourism Ambassador Program was developed to foster a destination-wide culture of quality service and welcoming citizens. Anyone can participate, not just those 27,000 folks in the hospitality industry. In fact, it’s a great way to get to know the city you call home.
The Louisville program uses guidelines from the nationally-recognized Certified Tourism Ambassador™ Network, with the goal of encouraging repeat business, increasing new visitors and boosting visitor spending. Here’s how it works:
- CTA registrants complete required reading and learning assignments, attend a half-day classroom session and pass an open-book examination
- Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ certificate and lapel pin (Look for these worn by staff at your favorite attractions, hotels and restaurants)
- CTA graduates become official Louisville Tourism Ambassadors, receiving ongoing educational and networking opportunities and inside updates on Louisville’s growing tourism economy
- There is a one-time non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $45 per person and an annual renewal fee of $20 for early bird rate and $30 standard rate.
You are invited to enroll in the Louisville Tourism Ambassador Program to really get to know your city and join the 15,000+ CTAs nationwide who have earned this designation.
Louisville Tourism is excited to announce we will now be offering a web-based version of the CTA certification class via GoToTraining! The web-based class will be slightly different than the in-person class experience, however each person will still receive the same value in content as before.
Upcoming Web Classes
- Monday, November 8th: 1PM – 4PM
- Thursday, November 18th: 8:30AM – 11:30AM
- Wednesday, December 15th: 8:30AM – 11:30AM