DOWNTOWN HOTEL DEVELOPMENT – LOUISVILLE’S EXCITING NEW PROPERTIES CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Hotel Distil & Moxy – over 300 rooms in these two new properties on Historic Whiskey Row (Opening November 2019)
- Holiday Inn Express – 91 rooms
- Cambria Hotel – 128 rooms
Other Development Projects
- Logan Street Market – a public market and gathering place for friends, family and neighbors from across the city will open in July 2018 two miles from downtown.
- Louisville City FC Stadium – A 10,000 seat soccer stadium that will be home to Louisville City Football Club will open in the Butchertown neighborhood in 2020.
- Paristown Pointe – A $28 million mixed-use development that broke ground in September 2017 about 2 miles from the center of downtown. This will be an arts & culture hub anchored by Louisville Stoneware (handcrafted pottery since 1815), The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts (home to the city’s major arts organizations), Goodwood Brewery (local brewery specializing in wood-aged beers) and a community garden gathering space. Completion is scheduled for Summer 2019.
- Waterfront Botanical Gardens – The mission of the Waterfront Botanical Gardens is to develop experiences that promote appreciation and understanding of plants for a more harmonious and sustainable world. Our vision is to create a botanical garden and conservatory of extraordinary beauty that engages, enlightens, and inspires people about plants and nature.
- West End Indoor Track and Field Facility – The Louisville Urban League is developing a state-of-the-art multi-sport complex anchored by an indoor track & field facility at 30th and West Muhammad Ali Blvd. The indoor track complex could be ready for use by 2020. The complex will be designed to host a variety of sporting events potentially sponsored by organizations such as USA Track and Field, the NCAA, colleges and universities, and local and regional public and private schools.