Media Essentials and Press Toolkit
While Louisville’s Destination Services Team assists you in planning logistics for a successful event, our Marketing Communications staff can offer support to help with marketing your event to attendees and also if you are seeking media attention locally.
From sample press releases and media alerts to photography and copy support, we offer the following tools to help market your event:
To have a successful service experience, it’s important to plan ahead. Here are some tools and suggested timelines that will help you execute a press strategy for your group:
- Standard press release – Keep to about one-page announcing the highlights of the event, speaker, event dates/times/location info. etc. Also attach photos to email or mention they are available upon request. Recommend sending to media one-two weeks in advance of event or following an announcement.
- Sample media alert – If you want the media to attend a specific press release, conference event. Make sure there are “news” elements or something you are revealing to peak interest and coverage. Recommend sending to media one week prior.
- Download suggested Louisville city, attraction and hotel photos – please use the contact info below if you need specific photographs that are not in this dropbox folder.
- City copy suggestions - Download descriptive Louisville copy tailored by various word counts including 50, 100, 350 and 500 words.
- Download local media/press contacts – Use this list to email your media alert or press conference.
- Estimated Economic Impact – Louisville Tourism can provide this information about your specific group.
- Speakers Bureau Portal - Louisville Tourism leadership team members are available for speaking engagements, panels and interviews for community organizations, conferences, hospitality industry partners and media. Click on the Speakers Bureau Portal link to view topics, available speakers and a request form.