Prep Cook (Full Time or Part Time) $15/hour
- Derby City Gaming
- Full Time
- Restaurants & Bars
Application Deadline: 12-31-2022
COME JOIN THE FUN! Work in our state-of-the-art gaming facility, providing all guests and fellow Team Members with Derby City Gaming’s Core Values: Respect, Commitment, and Guest Service!
Once again, Derby City Gaming has been named a "Best Places to Work" in 2021! Must be 18 years or older to apply
*New Team Members are eligible for a retention bonus!
*Existing Team Members can earn a bonus for referring New Team Members!
Depending on Full- or Part-Time status, company benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Free Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k (with company match)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A Variety of Team Member Discounts (Ford Affiliate Program, Verizon, AT&T, TicketsAtWork, Skechers, Sherwin Williams, Meal Discounts, Free Parking and more!)
- Advancement Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Free Uniforms and Discounted Dry-Cleaning Services
- Round-Table Lunches with Company President
- Fun Team Member Events
- Company-Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment including slicer, steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, and griddles.
- Requires reading and math skills for recipes and measurements
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English in order to read recipes and communicate with other team members
- Actively participates with staff to cook, prepare, dish-up and assemble all outlets food
- Adheres to control procedure for food costs and quality
- Verifies that all sanitation and nutrition practices are maintained by kitchen staff
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and menu to ensure consistency of product to the guest
- Be able to create compound sauces and derivatives of the mother sauces including the knowledge of Beurre Blancs
- Prepare written food requisition for supplies and food items for production in the work station – inventory.
- Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, departmental rules, policies, and procedures are maintained by kitchen staff, and supervises the production of all food items
- Ensure the safety and security of Team Members and guests. Implements programs and processes to reduce loss time injuries.
- Other duties as assigned
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Abilities demonstrated in handling the banquets and food outlet effectiveness.
- Be in constant communication with the Executive Chef
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationship among all personnel – create a environment of development and learning
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform all duties at a higher level of accuracy and speed than a Cook I
- Willingness to assume overall responsibility relative to the performance of the department, work flexible hours and handle high pressure deadlines
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalence.
- Three-year minimum experience in food preparation and food knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to work the line in different locations i.e. Sauté, Broiler, Appetizer, Pantry, Pasta, Grill etc.
- Must be able to complete any classes or certifications required.
- Able to obtain a valid racing license from regulatory body.
Ability to pass a background check