Manager of Security
- Muhammad Ali Center
- Full Time
- Museums & Attractions
Application Deadline: 2022-10-29 12:16:55
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Events and Operations SUPERVISES: Security Officers (5-7)
This position is responsible for providing guest-friendly security services for the effective management of all aspects of the physical security of the Muhammad Ali Center (MAC) premises, facility, grounds, and the protection of the Center’s assets, employees, and visitors. The Manager of Security will ensure that the Center’s security alarm/intrusion system, access control system, fire alarm system, and procedures associated are in accordance with industry best practices. This position will provide leadership, training and counsel on security policies and practices and will work with the leadership team to identify exposures and develop corrective plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Overall Security Management:
• Serve as the primary liaison to multiple emergency agencies (i.e. fire, local police, state police, multiple federal agencies, and possible foreign agencies).
o Act as a focal point for all investigations involving security; prepare reports and take follow-up action as appropriate.
• Plan, develop, and implement security plans, such as Emergency Response, Active Shooter, Crisis Management, Physical Security, and Incident Management and/or Investigation.
• Plan, develop, and implement security plans for MAC related to off-site events – depending on the significance of the event and whether security is needed.
o Escort or drive motor vehicles to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection, where appropriate.
Scheduling, Daily Operations and Training:
• Manage and schedule all security personnel to meet the needs of the organization which includes regular operating hours and special event hours.
o Manage the schedule of off-duty police presence when utilized on-site.
• Organize the security team to staff entrance and exits, circulate through the building covering all security checkpoints, execute inspections, and ensure that there are no safety hazards for employees and guests.
• Manage employee parking process and rules.
• Manage the security and safety of the MAC premises under renovation and/or construction.
• Provide appropriate training for security staff and Center employees.
o Ensure that the security staff is trained on disasters; fire and bomb procedures; use of equipment and routine security duties. Ensure that knowledge is tested several times per year.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, etc.
Budgeting, Personnel and Equipment Management:
• Ensure that budgets are properly controlled and managed.
• Responsible for performance evaluations for the security staff to include coaching, mid-year, and end-of-year performance appraisals.
• Responsible for hiring employees and terming employees when required.
• Responsible for managing the access control, CCTV, intrusion, and fire systems.
EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
• Strong Guest Service skills - must be able to listen, reason, and communicate effectively with the public.
• Previous successful experience in a similar role is a significant advantage.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven project management skills including the ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment and translate goals into concrete action plans/timetables
• Demonstrates excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
• Work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays; and be on call for emergencies 24/7 (excluding vacations and sick time).
• Lift approximately (25-50) pounds unassisted using appropriate lifting techniques.
• Sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch.
• Talk, hear and have good vision (with or without corrective lenses) to include a normal field of vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• A background in law enforcement and/or high-level security experience.
• A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable vehicle.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.