Line Cook (Full or Part Time) $16/Hour
- Derby City Gaming
- Full Time
- Restaurants & Bars
Application Deadline: 12-31-2022
COME JOIN THE FUN! Work in our state-of-the-art gaming facility, providing all guests and fellow Team Members with Derby City Gaming’s Core Values: Respect, Commitment, and Guest Service!
Once again, Derby City Gaming has been named a "Best Places to Work" in 2021! Must be 18 years or older to apply
*New Team Members are eligible for a retention bonus!
*Existing Team Members can earn a bonus for referring New Team Members!
Depending on Full- or Part-Time status, company benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Free Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k (with company match)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A Variety of Team Member Discounts (Ford Affiliate Program, Verizon, AT&T, TicketsAtWork, Skechers, Sherwin Williams, Meal Discounts, Free Parking and more!)
- Advancement Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Free Uniforms and Discounted Dry-Cleaning Services
- Round-Table Lunches with Company President
- Fun Team Member Events
- Company-Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment including slicer, steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, and griddles.
- Requires reading and math skill for recipes and measurements.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand recipes and communicate with other Team Members.
- Responsible for cleaning kitchen work areas and equipment as well as sweeping and mopping floors.
- Actively participates with staff to cook, prepare, dish-up and assemble all menu items.
- Adheres to control procedure for food costs and quality.
- To encourage and abide by all health codes and hand washing guidelines.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and menu to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
- Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Abilities demonstrated in handling the banquets and food outlet effectiveness.
- Be in constant communication with BOH Team Members.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationship among all personnel.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalence.
- One-year minimum experience in food preparation and food knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to work both front and back line positions.
- Must be able to complete any classes or certifications required.
- Ability to obtain a valid Racing License Racing License.