- Louisville Tourism
- Full Time
- Destination Marketing Organization
Application Deadline: 06/30/2023
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Executive Vice President
Reports to: EVP
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Revision Date: May 2023
Provides principal administrative support to the Executive Vice-President, as well as scheduling, coordinating, and otherwise supporting the needs of the Greater Louisville Lodging Management District (GLLMD) Board of Directors. Can serve as liaison with voluntary leadership. Works independently. May manage other support personnel.
The ideal candidate MUST be a self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic, who is able to work well under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position calls for someone who is tactful, diplomatic, exercises independent judgment, discretion and always demonstrates a professional presentation.
Position responsibilities require the use of problem-solving techniques, tact, and confidentiality when handling telephone calls, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, and managing other requests for information. Must perform various administrative duties as described below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient in recording and preparing Board & Committee meeting minutes & distribution of the minutes on a timely basis. Must meet the needs of the Board of Directors, sometimes daily, including meeting scheduling, planning, follow-up, hotel appointments, and coordination, etc.
- Prepares routine correspondence, drafts letters, memos, and other documents, as appropriate.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and reports to be used for regular and ad hoc meetings.
- Maintains appointment schedule for EVP, and GLLMD Board Members as needed.
- Proactively develops reports, using spreadsheets and graphics, as appropriate.
- Creates and mails meeting notices, invitations, etc.
- Coordinates facilities for and attends various meetings; records, transcribes, and, if necessary, distributes minutes of those meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of Louisville Tourism affairs and is proactive in addressing or advising the EVP of sensitive or pending issues.
- Must be able to always communicate professionally with hoteliers, clients, and other business leaders.
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reports for EVP.
- Handles incoming mail by sorting and highlighting important information; when possible, direct requests to appropriate staff member for response.
- Maintains administrative files.
- Maintains accurate GLLMD Board of Director and VIP listings to include name, title, phone number, and mailbox extensions.
- Maintains information with discretion and confidence; does not disclose or discuss confidential matters within or outside of Louisville Tourism.
- Acts as an information resource to Louisville Tourism staff, Commission members, and others, as appropriate.
- Coordinates & organizes special events/projects executed by the EVP.
- Research & compiles data needed for speaking engagements and special projects that require backup data.
- Supports the Research department with appointments and internal/external communications.
- Tracks term dates and annual financial disclosures for all board members by reported deadline to stay in compliance.
- Provide back up support to the Executive Assistant to the President on projects and duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Critical thinking skills, including problem-solving, decision-making, creative and integrative thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Project planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Business Savvy
- Multi-task orientation
- Customer orientation
- Team member orientation
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an executive assistant
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take minutes at meetings with a working knowledge of the Kentucky Open Meetings Act/Parliamentary Procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint