Convention Sales Assistant
- Louisville Tourism
- Full Time
- Conventions & Venues
Application Deadline: 2022-09-30 07:08:44
The Convention Sales Assistant supports the Sales department in all aspects of the convention sales process. Provides administrative, sales, and project management support to Sales Managers and Directors.
Competitive Salary range with signing bonus and incentive potential.
Work from home flexibility Tuesdays and Fridays.
Benefits include Medical, Health & Wellness, HSA, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Parking.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process mail and prepare any outgoing UPS, Federal Express or Courier materials
- Serve as backup for Convention Sales Coordinator, other Convention Sales Assistants and City Information Agents
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with hotels, attractions, partners, and clients
- Process invoices through Sage Invoice System and input budget numbers for respective sales managers annual travel budgets
- Prepare monthly expense reports through Concur Expense System
- Learn and maintain knowledge of SimpleView CRM database
- All other administrative duties and any special projects as assigned
- Assist managers and directors with entering leads into Simpleview, following up with prospected facility and/or hotels, sending reminders/maintaining e-bid deadlines, and creating proposals through SendSites Proposal System
- Manage and send out verification forms and definite process
- Assist with preparations for client site visits and FAM tours including accommodations, transportation, itineraries, amenities, appointments, signage, etc.
- Handle Wedding and Reunion groups under the supervision of a Sales Manager
- Assist and help execute client presentations, out-of-market sales call missions, and special events
- Support Directors to schedule and execute bi-monthly Director of Sales Meetings
- Assist with planning and execution of industry shows and special events
- Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant, with preference given to experience in the hospitality industry or in a sales environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new databases and systems quickly
- Proven analytical, planning, and organizing skills
- Ability to balance and complete multiple projects concurrently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a friendly, positive manner
- Data entry experience with a CRM database preferred
- Proactive and self-driven individual