Access Control Team Member
- Kentucky Venues
- Part Time
Application Deadline: 01-31-2022
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Rate: $12.00/hr to start
Work Address: Kentucky Exposition Center
937 Philips Ln., Louisville, KY 40209
Kentucky Venues’ two major convention and exposition facilities – the Kentucky Exposition Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center – work with regional, national and international clients to host world-class events. Kentucky Venues also produces signature events annually: Kentucky State Fair, World’s Championship Horse Show, National Farm Machinery Show, Championship Tractor Pull, North American International Livestock Exposition, and the North American Championship Rodeo.
Kentucky Venues is governed by the Kentucky State Fair Board.
Kentucky Exposition Center:
The Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC) is one of the largest exposition facilities in North America and hosts some of the world’s most recognized events and trade shows. With 1.2 million square feet of contiguous indoor exhibit space, 54 adaptable meeting rooms, two arenas and 300 acres of outdoor exhibit space, KEC is all highly configurable to the specific needs of our clients.
The Access Control Team Member is responsible for greeting patrons, calculating parking and entrance fees and collecting payment at one of four access gates of KEC’s property.
• Greets patrons as they prepare to enter the property.
• Expeditiously provides general event and facility information including general event locations and hours and general directives to access areas of the property.
• Calculates total parking and/or entrance fees using point of sale equipment.
• Scans access badges, tickets in-hand and tickets via phone apps.
• Collects total payment due per vehicle upon entry.
• Maintains a professional, welcoming and responsive demeanor and addresses inquiries graciously.
• Adheres to organizational core values and service expectations.
Physical and Mental Demands (must be met with or without reasonable accommodations to perform essential functions):
• Consistently remains stationary within a gate booth, alternating sitting and standing.
• Applies manual dexterity to handle currency, tickets and credit cards.
• Reaches out of gate booth window to operate scanning device and collect payments.
• Functions and works effectively within a moderate-to-high pressure environment – to quickly, yet accurately, calculate and collect payments while maintaining effective traffic flow.
Work Environment and Hours of Work:
• Covered booth outdoor setting with moderate-to-high noise levels where vehicle traffic is active.
• Contingent on event scheduling, shifts are varied consisting of weekday hours, evenings, nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays and range from three to eight hours – ideal for retirees, college students or any individual wanting to work part-time hours aside of other work or responsibilities.
• Consistent intermittent exposure to hot, cold and humid climates and various weather conditions.
• Limited intermittent exposure to exhaust fumes and high-allergen elements including some or all of, but not limited to: livestock and other animals, hay, dirt and dust.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have reliable transportation to arrive to work location for scheduled shifts on time.
• Applicants of and employees filling this position may be required to submit to a background check.
• Kentucky Venues adheres to Kentucky Healthy at Work guidelines.
• Employees must monitor their health before and during shifts and follow protocol in place if: displaying symptoms, known exposure is confirmed or a positive test result is diagnosed.
• Employees and guests are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth inside state facilities and in state vehicles with more than one occupant.
• Employees and guests are encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands regularly and to social distance to the greatest extent practicable.
• Disposable masks and hand sanitizer are provided to employees as necessary and disposable gloves, sanitizing spray and/or wipes are provided at each gate booth.
Applicants should call or email:
Dennis Duncan, Access Control Manager
Kentucky Exposition Center
The subject line of the email shall state “Access Control Team Member Vacancy”.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, age, pregnancy or related medical condition, marital or familial status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or genetic information in accordance with state and federal laws.