Wild Lights Asian Lantern Festival at the Louisville Zoorecurring event
One of the Largest Lantern Festivals in the Nation!
See the Zoo in a whole new light at the largest lantern display in the region. More than 2,000 intricate lanterns displayed in 65 larger-than-life scenes will illuminate the Zoo this spring. Join us on a fantastical journey along our 1.4 mile trail alongside favorites like our 130-foot-long dragon, walkthrough shark tunnel, fairy forest, and more! Interactive displays let you become part of the magic as you leap from lily pad to lily pad, glide through the air on our amazing swings that change color as your soar and pose with our wonderous glowing wings.
Wild Lights at the Louisville Zoo offers more than just lanterns. Stop by our entertainment stage to take a break from the trail and view traditional Chinese performances live 3 times each night. Embark on a culinary adventure with us as you enjoy specialty food and drink items offered throughout the Zoo. Visit artisans for handcrafted goods representing years of Chinese culture, some crafted just for you right before your eyes. Wild Lights is sure to be an experience to remember for guests of all ages!
• 65 larger-than-life, jaw dropping lantern displays in what will be the LARGEST Lantern Festival in the Region!
• Over 2000 beautifully ornate lanterns wrapped in more than 60,000 square feet of silk...all handmade by Chinese artisans!
• The Lanterns cover 70 acres along our 1 mile Zoo Path and are Illuminated by Over 50,000 LED Light Bulbs!
• The Amazing Water Dragon spans the length of the lake it resides in and is over 130 Feet Long and 2 Stories High!
• Interactive displays include our 70 foot Walk-Through Shark Tunnel, glowing moon swings, LED lilly Pads, & our photo op Angel Wings!
• Enjoy nightly stage shows by Chinese acrobats & performers!
• Plus delicious asian cuisine, handicrafts, and much more!
Upcoming Dates For This Event:
- Wednesday, April 1
- Thursday, April 2
- Friday, April 3
- Saturday, April 4
- Sunday, April 5
- Thursday, April 9
- Friday, April 10
- Saturday, April 11
- Sunday, April 12
- Thursday, April 16
- Friday, April 17
- Saturday, April 18
- Sunday, April 19
- Thursday, April 23
- Friday, April 24
- Saturday, April 25