Owsley Brown Frazier Classic
Sportsmen and Bourbon lovers take aim! The Owsley Brown Frazier Classic sporting clay tournament is an exclusive yet competitive lifestyle experience celebrating Kentucky history and the founding of the Frazier History Museum. Shooters of all skill level are welcome!
Named in honor of the founder of the Frazier History Museum, his broad philanthropic investment in the Louisville community, and his lifelong love of history and the artistry of the gun, the Fifth Annual Owsley Brown Frazier Classic sporting clay tournament will feature 12- or 20-gauge shotguns. Event proceeds benefit the Frazier History Museum.
After a continental breakfast, sportsmen will spend the day competing on the 25 station/72-target sporting clays course before a delicious gourmet lunch, featuring live music, bourbon cocktails, craft beer, raffle and a silent auction of premium Kentucky Bourbons and exclusive Kentucky experiences. The tournament uses Lewis Class scoring, which allows all skill levels the opportunity to win awards.
Jefferson Gun Club is nestled in a quiet bedroom community just minutes from downtown Louisville. This one mile walking course offers the opportunity for shooters of all levels to enjoy themselves in a well-maintained environment with highly-trained professionals willing to help those who may need it. Participants must provide their own firearm and should wear proper attire, including footwear for walking, and weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event. If you are traveling into Louisville’s Muhammad Ali International Airport, please review the TSA guidelines to traveling with firearms.
Guests of the Frazier Classic are treated to:
- Gourmet lunch buffet, with live Bluegrass music, Kentucky bourbon, and craft beer
- Safety demonstration
- Tournament with Lewis Class scoring
- Remington provided ammunition
- Silent auction and raffle
- Awards Ceremony
- Swag Bag
- Instructors/Range Marshals available on course for assistance
Event Day Itinerary
- 8 am – 8:45 am - Continental Breakfast, check-in, and Remington Demo Station
- 8:45am – 9:00 am - Safety Demonstration
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm - Sporting Clay Tournament (Lewis Class scoring)
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Gourmet Lunch Buffet featuring live music, Kentucky Bourbon, and craft beer
- 2:15 pm– Raffle and Silent Auction Closed
- 3:30 pm- Event Concludes
The Frazier History Museum encompasses everything Kentucky, its heritage, people, industries, and culture. Proceeds from the Frazier Classic will help to support the Museum’s educational programs, workshops, family days, hometown history exhibits, gallery presentations, unique plays, and live storytelling by our teaching artists.