Humana miniMarathon & Marathonrecurring event
The Humana Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon & Marathon is a long-standing tradition held every spring in Kentucky. It has become the largest annual day of road racing in the state.
As 2021 marks the 48th annual miniMarathon and 20th annual Marathon, the Festival looks forward to another historic event. Participants will have the opportunity to run in-person and socially-distanced on a new and unique course, as well as the option to participate virtually.
While the 2021 races will be different, there will still be the same Derby Festival spirit runners have come to know and love. Whether you choose in-person or virtual, we hope you’ll run with us!
The Race will look a little different this year…
The modified race will take place in-person and will offer the same distances (13.1 & 26.2 miles), but will have some changes as part of the health & safety precautions we’re taking to provide a secure race experience.
These changes include:
- An entirely new and unique course for the 2021 Humana miniMarathon & Marathon, that will better allow for social distancing
- Staggered start times that are pre-scheduled, to allow runners to socially distance
- The miniMarathon length (13.1 miles) will take place over the course 4 days, from April 22-25, while the Marathon length (26.2 miles) will take place on April 24 only.
- There will be course time limits for both miniMarathon & Marathon, to ensure social distancing remains throughout your Race Experience. (See below for details.)
- Traditional course support will be minimal, but we will be providing self-serve water stops, time tracking, and start and finish line support.
Upcoming Dates For This Event:
- Friday, April 23
- Saturday, April 24
- Sunday, April 25