In this episode Stacey and Jessica make Sorghum Wings and the Bitter Southerner #1
Kentucky Sorghum Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1/2 tsp bourbon smoked sea salt ( or regular )
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
Mix all and bake on a foil-lined baking sheet for 20 - 25 minutes at 425 degrees until golden brown.
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c Kentucky sorghum
- 2 1/2 T Frank's hot sauce
- 2 T butter
- 2 T apple cider vinegar ( or any )
- 1 tsp garlic powder ( or 1 T fresh minced )
Simmer all for 5 minutes until reduced by half.
Toss over baked chicken and serve with Tailgate Sauce
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/4 c mayo
- 4 oz chopped pimentos, drained well
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 T lemon juice
Blend all in blender or food processor.
- 2 ounces of Bourbon
- ½ ounce Fernet Branca
- 2 dashes of Fee’s Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters
- ¾ ounce sorghum mix (simple syrup made of half water and half sorghum)
In a mixing glass combine the ingredients.
Add ice and stir until chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange peel.