In this episode Stacey and Jessica make Burgoo and Bourbon Cider Punch.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 1 top round roast
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 head of cabbage
- 4 small onions
- 1 lb. carrots
- 4 ears of corn
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 1 lb. green beans
- 10 oz. frozen lima beans
- 3 lbs. diced tomatoes (fresh or canned with juice)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of tomato puree
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup Bourbon Barrel Foods barrel-aged Worcestershire sauce
Add all of the meat to a large stockpot and cover with 2 quarts water (or enough to completely cover the meat). Season with the cayenne and black peppers. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
PREP THE VEGGIES:
- Shred the cabbage.
- Medium dice the onions.
- Cut the carrots into medium rounds.
- Medium dice the potatoes.
- Cut the green beans into bite sized pieces.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
After the meat has simmered for 45 minutes remove it from the pot to cool to a manageable temperature for shredding.
Add all of the vegetables, tomatoes, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire into the pot with the broth from cooking the meat. Return to the stove at a simmer.
Shred the meat from the chicken, lamb and top round. Discard any bones, skin or gristly parts.
Return the meat to the pot of simmering vegetables and broth and continue to simmer for about 2 more hours longer.
Double Cider-Bourbon Punch
- 4 cups apple cider
- 3 12-ounce bottles hard apple cider
- 2 12-ounce bottles ginger beer
- 2 cups seltzer
- 3 cups bourbon (From one 750 ml bottle)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large apples for garnish
- cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Ice, to serve
In a large punch bowl, combine ciders, ginger beer, seltzer, bourbon, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Slice one apple thinly into cross sections and float them in the punch. Core and slice the other apple to use as garnishes for individual glasses. Serve punch immediately in glasses with ice, garnished with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.