- Things to Do
- Eat & Drink
- Where to Stay
- Travel Tools
- Meeting Planners
- Travel Professionals
Louisville Tourism Community Investment Committee Applicant Guidelines
Funds allocated from Louisville Tourism's Community investment program shall be used solely to market tourism related projects (festivals, events, studies, media assistance, etc.) that occur within Louisville/Jefferson County, Kentucky. These projects must draw out of town visitors and attract overnight stays in hotels. In addition, the grant applicant must agree to an economic impact survey conducted by Louisville Tourism (if it so desires) as part of the terms of receiving funds from the Louisville Tourism Community Investment Committee. The Bureau will be responsible for staffing and funding the Economic Impact survey.
Grant monies are to be used for start-up funds for projects less than three years old in Louisville/Jefferson County, KY, unless the existing project changes in some significant way or wants to try new advertising/promotion activities to reach a new market thus attracting overnight stays.
Projects with a proven track record in other markets will be given strong consideration and are strongly encouraged to bring their event to Louisville/Jefferson County, KY. Tourism grant funds shall not be used to pay for salaries, awards, prizes or gifts. The funds are to be strictly used for out of market advertising and promotions which would be 50 miles or greater from Louisville/Jefferson County, KY. The organization will be strongly encouraged to work closely with the Louisville Tourism Marketing Communications Department.
Procedures for Expending Funds:
1. Once a grant has been approved, notification will be made. A check for the approved portion (50%-80%) of the grant amount will be cut and mailed to the organization one week prior to the date the funds were requested. The remaining portion of the granted funds will be mailed upon receipt of the final report from the organization.
2. Within 30 days after the event, the grant recipient will forward a copy of invoices supporting amounts spent using Louisville Tourism CIC grant monies to their office. The balance of the approved grant will be distributed upon verification of reported expenses.
3. Recipient will be responsible for completing the project. The CIC and the Louisville Tourism will not assume any responsibility for ensuring project completion.
4. Organizations receiving grants from the Bureau must semi-annually submit a written report documenting the activities and the tourism impact pertaining to their grant. Within 30 days of completion of the project, the recipient will forward to the CIC staff liaison, a final report and copy of printed materials for which funds were used. Failure to file this report can result in forfeiture of the balance of the grant. The report must include summary of the event and information including success metrics, impressions, attendance, dates, description, financial report, copies of receipts, and a short evaluation.
5. Any cost over the amount of the grant will be the sole responsibility of the grant recipient.
|Grant Submission Deadline||Final Approval||Grant Funds Distributed|
To download the complete grant application, click here.