Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Kentucky Derby Museum
We bet when you take a good look at Louisville, you’ll find a winning combination.
- You’ll have a grand time spending a day at the races at Churchill Downs. Louisville’s famous racetrack has been home to the Kentucky Derby for 135 years and counting.
- Enjoy lunch at the track and before you start playing the ponies, take a tour with a Kentucky Derby Museum guide to learn more about the history of the Downs and the Derby. In the off season, take advantage of the off track betting facilities. Be sure to order yourself a mint julep—a day at the Downs isn’t complete without one!
- Dine at one of the Louisville Originals, over 40 to choose from such as - Avalon, Lilly’s Bistro and Uptown Café which are located nearby on Bardstown Road.
- Rolling the dice, upping the ante, pulling the lever: these thrills and more await you at Horseshoe Casino, a 20-minute scenic drive along the Ohio River in southern Indiana Pull-up a seat in the Midwest’s premier poker room, or try out the Horseshoe’s multiple denomination video poker. The fabulous table games include blackjack, roulette, craps, and James Bond’s favorite, baccarat. Beginners, don’t be afraid—the friendly staff will teach you how to play!
- Celebrate your winnings with your favorite drink and a delicious dinner at the Horseshoe’s Legends restaurant.