Lynn's Paradise Cafe
Louisville Festivals & Events
Take a good look at Louisville for outstanding arts and festivals to compliment your trip, or as an entire itinerary.
- Want to make your own Louisville souvenir? You can at the Walk-in Workshop in Glassworks. Design a suncatcher in your favorite colors, or a fleur de lis nightlight.
- Gaze upon the Gallapalloza Horses and be entertained by the art bike racks as you walk the few blocks to the Kentucky Center, take 30 minutes to experience KentuckyShow! You will feel the softness of bluegrass, smell the vats of sour mash, and sing along with a tune you may have heard before.
- Stroll over to Bistro 301 on Market Street for upscale, casual lunch fare.
- Back on Main Street, the Kentucky Museum of Art & Craft will have you browsing the exhibits and purchasing for yourself a hand-woven scarf made of locally grown wool.
- In the evening, you’ll be delighted as you take in a production at the award-winning Actor’s Theatre of Louisville following dinner at Intermezzo Café and Cabaret, located in the lower level of Actor’s.
- Where can you see a Rembrandt, a Renaissance dining hall, and a Monet all in one place? Louisville’s Speed Art Museum! The beautiful permanent collection includes art from around the world and throughout history, from ancient Egypt to contemporary American art.
- Lunch at The Café will be a masterpiece of a different kind.
- Take a tour of nearby Louisville Stoneware to watch artists work and pick out a handmade piece to take home.
- Then, a Southern home-style dinner is on the menu as you see a play at Derby Dinner Playhouse. You’ll be right in the action at this beloved theatre-in-the-round!
- Or time your visit to a specific performance by the Louisville Ballet, Louisville Orchestra, Kentucky Opera, Kentucky Shakespeare Festival, or a PNC Broadway Across America production.
- Or plan your trip around the Humana Festival of New American Plays, St. James Court Art Show, Abbey Road on the River, Thunder Over Louisville, Kentucky Derby Festival, Forecastle, WorldFest or one of many festivals that take place throughout the year.