Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
Belle of Louisville
Falls of the Ohio
Speed Art Museum
Education & History
Take a good look at Louisville, where you’ll learn a little history at every turn.
- Take a cruise through history in Louisville, the river city! Your voyage begins on the Falls of the Ohio, where you can discover the world of 386 million years ago in the exposed fossil beds. Visit the Interpretative Center to learn about the geography and prehistoric people who once lived here.
- Lunch is waiting at Rocky’s Italian Grill. Along with lunch you are treated to a lovely view of Louisville’s skyline.
- After lunch, it’s off to the Frazier International History Museum. The collections span from medieval times right up to our own century, and the daring swordplay reenactments bring history to life.
- Take in the multi-Sensory experience of the KentuckyShow! that tells a beautiful story about the rich history of Kentucky. This show offers a Kentucky 101 for people that are visiting for the first time. For those that have been to Kentucky before, this show offers itself as a reminder of why the state is so special. The imagery is beautiful and sounds are comforting. The KentuckyShow! is narrated by Ashley Judd, a Kentucky Native.
- Spend your evening aboard the Belle of Louisville, the oldest working steamboat of her kind. Dinner cruises feature savory Southern cooking, and you’ll be charmed by the glittering riverside skyline and the Belle’s whimsical calliope music.
- America’s favorite pastime wouldn’t be the same without a beloved Louisville tradition, Louisville Slugger baseball bats! In the Slugger Museum & Factory, explore over a century of baseball history and watch as Sluggers are made—and receive a free mini-bat!
- Have lunch on Main Street at Los Aztecas for fresh authentic Mexican food.
- Take your choice of tours to see the Historic Old Louisville neighborhood, the largest contiguous collection of Victorian homes in America. The Mansions and Milestones Tour will take you back to the glamorous fin-de-siècle, or for something spooky, try the Ghosts of Old Louisville Tour. Self guided walking tours are always available.
- At the nearby Speed Art Museum, you will be surrounded by beautiful works ancient and modern, local and international with special exhibits always on display.
- Following a full day of sightseeing, enjoy a wonderful dinner at a favorite local establishment, Jack Fry’s, an upscale American bistro, featuring live jazz and a convivial atmosphere.