Bourbons Bistro - Grilled Filet of Beef with a Roasted Shallot Bourbon Demi-Glace and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Proof on Main
The Kentucky Bourbon Festival and Bourbon Trail Tours
Take a good look at Louisville, because it doesn’t matter if you’re a bourbon beginner or a connoisseur, you’ll finish on a mellow note.
- Pick up your Urban Bourbon Trail passport and begin with lunch at Baxter Station, a historic neighborhood tavern. As you explore downtown Louisville, stop by the Brown Hotel Bar for an afternoon sip.
- In the evening, have dinner at Bourbons Bistro and catch a cab to the Galt House for a night cap at Jockey Silks Bar & Lounge. Congrats! You have made it halfway through the Urban Bourbon Trail! (Passports available at the Visitor Information Center, participating restaurants and bars)
- Time your trip to include the Moonlight and Madness Tour in Historic Old Louisville.
- Begin your second day on the Urban Bourbon Trail with brunch at The Bar at BLU.
- Head over to the Old Seelbach Bar for an afternoon drink, and hit Z’s Fusion for bourbon-infused appetizers.
- Get your evening started with a cocktail at Maker’s Mark Bourbon House & Lounge at 4th Street Live.
- Dinner will be at Proof on Main and make sure you check out the art exhibits (and the restrooms!) in 21C Museum Hotel, the Conde Nast #1 rated hotel America.
- Check your Urban Bourbon Trail passport for some “Step off the Trail” dining, attraction, shopping and spirit merchant suggestions, like Mint Julep Tours. MJT offers a variety of bourbon related tours, including the Urban Bourbon Trail and the distilleries of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
- You can book a tour of Brown-Forman Cooperage and see the lumber yard, view the artful selection of staves and barrel assembly, charring and finishing.