• Use your “Do not disturb” or designate to hotel staff when you don’t need all your towels and linens cleaned.
• Turn off the lights and heating/cooling system in your hotel room when not occupied.
• Remember to look for designated recycle bins where available to dump aluminum cans, paper, and other recyclable materials.
• The Day Tripper Pass
o The Day Tripper is intended to make public transportation a more convenient option for visitors by providing unlimited trips during any one-day period for only $3.00. TARC provides access to all downtown attractions via the Main-Market and Fourth Street trolleys, and has frequent and direct service to shopping areas and attractions throughout the city on major TARC bus routes. The Day Tripper pass not only saves visitors money and the hassle of driving, but it also promotes a more environmentally friendly way to travel than a car rental or numerous cab rides. Day Tripper passes are sold only at the Louisville Visitors Center on 4th and Jefferson and at Union Station, 1000 W. Broadway.
• Use the Downtown Trolley System
o For only $0.50 you can jump on a trolley and get to almost any of the downtown attractions and hotels, check out maps and more at
• Walk and enjoy downtown Louisville
o Almost everything you would want to see and do is within walking distance of central downtown. The Louisville Slugger Museum, Frazier International History Museum, Muhammad Ali Center, 4th Street Live! and more are all within several blocks of each other.
• Share a Taxi or use hotel shuttles (where available) to get from the airport to your destination